Food Photography by: Bree- Ann – Merritt Photography
Makes 4 servings.
You will need…
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 200 grams sliced Crimini mushrooms
- 1 large bunch of kale (or your favourite leafy green)
- 1 cup (250 ml) low sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp white flour
- 1/4 cup cilantro (less or more if you like)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- 20 oz sliced steak
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and add chopped onion and garlic. Let cook for 1 minute or until onions start to soften.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary and a sprinkle of salt – stir. Let simmer for 2 minutes or until mushrooms soften. Then add kale and let cook until soft.
- In a separate small pan heat 2 Tbsp olive oil, when hot add steak and cook for 1 minute. Add in flour and cook for 1 minute on high heat (to cook flour).
- Add 1 cup beef broth, stirring the whole time, to create a sauce. Add the broth mixture to the larger pan and combine. Add cilantro and stir.
- Let simmer for 1 minute and remove rosemary. (Rosemary can be taken out earlier to reduce the strength of the taste.. personal preference!).
- Serve over your favourite carbohydrate like quiona or brown rice.
Chinwe’s Notes: You can make this dish vegetarian by removing the steak and using vegetable broth or water for the sauce