Okay, so these pancakes are amazing. You can use any flavoured protein powder you like. For this batch I went with chocolate. These pancakes can be enjoyed for breakfast, or even as a post workout meal after resistance training. They provide a great combination of carbohydrates and protein.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder (BPI Sports Chocolate Brownie Best Protein Whey Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Spenda or Stevia
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat add 1 tbsp canola oil to the bottom of the pan.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix egg, oil and milk together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry and combine well.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite syrup.
Makes about 6-8 medium pancakes.
When I meal prep it’s just for one, so I always make a full batch of these pancakes and portion them in ziplock bags and freeze them. They keep perfectly and can be reheated in the microwave, oven or toaster.